View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 12:06 PM   #6
Blackroot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcarguy View Post
Thanks BR. Hopefully it’s air bubbles that the fluid change will take care of, but one or more of the points you mention are definitely in the running.

The thing that gets me is that it only does it in conjunction with extreme braking.

According to the paperwork I received from the PO, the clutch only has ~4,000 miles on it. But, I do have a heavy clutch pedal even though the helper spring *appears* to be in good shape & working properly, the engagement point is good, no chattering, no leakage, no gear grinding etc. If a check of the helper spring and the fluid purge with my Motive doesn’t fix the issue I may kick it over to my indie. Too many other irons in the fire and no time to pull the transaxle and redo the clutch before first HPDE in April.

Frankly I am leaning toward a hinky throw out bearing or pressure plate but I don’t get why it only happens in conjunction with extreme braking. Front motor mount is relatively new (987), but maybe a transaxle mount?? Clutch is hydraulic and the transaxle/clutch assembly is a pretty solid unit so I just don’t see a possibility there.
Yup and as I said on the bottom here-
"Also, if you think about what you just said "when braking extremely hard with the clutch disengaged simultaneously (classic ‘panic stop’) the clutch pedal returns halfway and sticks", remember these are shared fluid systems, so the caliper might not be returning enough fluid to pull up the clutch.
Seems to point to air in the system"
If I was to bet, I would say air
Blackroot is offline   Reply With Quote