View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 01:46 PM   #1
mwestboxster

Where To Store Donut Spare & Jack In Cayman

I'm not comfortable driving around without a spare. I carry plug kits, cans of fix a flat and small compressors in all my cars. But it seems every flat I've had past few years was either in the sidewall or not a tire issue but a wheel issue. In addition to all the stuff I listed above I have donut spares in those cars that did not come with a spare. The donut from my Boxster fits perfectly on front and rear of the Cayman. I was able to find a new Boxster donut spare locally for $80. That spare for now is tied down with ratchet straps in the rear of the Cayman. I have a low profile scissors jack with a 1/2" drive socket welded to it so I can operate it with a breaker bar or my impact wrench.
I was able to squeeze that jack and breaker bar wrapped in towels into the small compartment in the frunk directly below the battery.

I've got 2 questions. I would prefer to keep the donut in the frunk similar to where the Boxster spare is located but there's no where I can find to secure the tire.
Does anyone carry a spare in the frunk and how is it secured?

And, is there anything in that small compartment where I put the jack & breaker bar that I can screw up by having them in there. The towels keep them jammed in and prevent them from moving around-I did not see anything in there that could ignite the towels. Does anyone know if my assumptions re: not burning my car up or causing any other issues is correct?
Thanks
mwestboxster is offline   Reply With Quote