Thread: Brake gas pedal
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 08:34 AM   #14
jdavis8361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo409 View Post
Do you install these right over the gas and dead pedal and then remove the brake pedal rubber if not how do you install these.thanks Jimbo
I can't remember whether I had to drill three holes in the OE dead pedal, or whether I removed the OE screw from the OE dead pedal, and was able to line up the upper hole in the aluminum cover and had to drill only two holes for the short attaching screws. Either way, it's easy work.

Pulled off the OE rubber brake pedal cover, marked metal brake pedal and drilled the three holes needed to attach the aluminum cover. Same process for clutch lever. Rubber OE pedal covers are not reattached.

Attached the aluminum accelerator pedal to the OE pedal with short screws after drilling three holes.

I forgot to mention that the necessary fasteners weren't included by my Ebay seller, but since I had onhand lots of flathead stainless steel screws and machine screws, and nyloc nuts, I was able to use them.

I'd suggest that if your selected seller doesn't say that the necessary fasteners are included with the kit, that you check with them before you place your order.

Hope this helps.

jD
jdavis8361 is offline   Reply With Quote