View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 02:06 PM   #5
arp35

Looking for answer???

I just had this problem when trying to fill up my tank. I even went to another station thinking the pump pressure was to blame. After doing a search on here and then being referred to renntechs forum I discovered the problem may be fuse E6. I just checked it and it was blown. It makes sense because I was trying to install an XM radio and was probing for a 12v power wire. I found this nice looking connector under the center console and tested it for power. The strange thing was when I stuck a test probe into one of the connector's my son who was watching yelled Dad telephone! I said to him, I don't hear the phone, he said No...the radio says phone! Anyway, whenever I gounded the connection "Phone" would flash on the radio. I'm guessing in all the probing I shorted it out which blew fuse E7. Funny thing is the cell phone connector shares the same fuse with a vent solenoid in the gas tank system. So when it was blown air could not escape the tank as fuel was entering. I just replaced the fuse so will head out to test this theory. Any comments before I hit the road???
arp35 is offline   Reply With Quote