View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 05:36 AM   #1
rfuerst911sc

convert factory cup holder to a storage cubby ?

So my 02 S has the joke of a factory cup holder installed just below the center vents . Not only is it a flimsy POS if anything spills it can run down on the radio or HVAC controls . I would like to convert the cup holder to a storage cubby has anyone tried this ? Unless I'm wrong Porsche or the aftermarket does not make a simple replacement . So my thoughts are to gut the cup holder mechanisms but keep the frame work . And then maybe use a lower or upper storage cubby and make it fit the frame work all while trying to not make it look like $hit !

Or if one of you guys with a 3D printer want a project let's get this party started So if you have made your own how about some pics ? Or if you are considering this on your own what have you come up with to try ? I have a storage cubby kicking around in the garage that I removed from a previous 944S or a 911SC can't remember which but I'm going to try and use that to start with .
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote