View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 12:53 PM   #16
Blackroot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFeller View Post
I am surpised that LN implied that the bearing should never be replaced. I thought outside of the ‘Solution’ they should be changed with the clutch.

If you could confirm the RMS is the updated seal, I would leave it. If not, I would change it.

BTW- Do you have some Cam Locking tools in your possession? I am a little confused as to what tools you were going to use to swap out the bearing and cover.
Hello-
I called L&N back as I wanted to find out what the K-3 stamp meant and it sounds like it is a stock date for inventory tracking from 2013.
If this is indeed a bearing from 2013 and installed then, it is out of L&N coverage and should be replaced.
The gentleman told me that the older style L&N was covered for only 30 days.

I have the IMS Pro tool set with the cam locking tools, yes.
I understand the steps with setting TDC, locking flywheel, locking banks 1-3 cams and pulling 2 of the tensioner bolts (1-3 bank and the IMS).
I plan on then to also use 2 of the set screws (maybe) to lock the IMS sprocket itself as extra insurance.
Sounds as if when the engine is TDC, the sprocket holes line up with one of the flange bolt holes, so you can’t use all 3.
Blackroot is offline   Reply With Quote