View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 05:44 PM   #880
dghii

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxMann View Post
Well, that's kinda what I meant when I said it was "too cheap" -- i.e., that it had a bad history and/or needed a bunch of work.

You're not just buying a Boxster here, you're buying a project, and maybe a headache too.
It's not that bad.
This car was listed for $20K back in the summer. came down to $18K and then we had a visit from Hurricane Michael. The dealership is in good shape but most folks are preoccupied with recovery issues Yesterday was two months since the storm hit and It'll be years before the east end Panama City is back to normal. Panama City Beach was spared and is fine for anyone making vacation plans!

I digress.

Yes, the car not a garage queen and it has a weird past. I almost bought this car a few years ago in the winter for $16.8K . In the last three or four years, it's been for sale 4 times on three different lots. I does raise red flags, but if you looked at the car and drove it, you'd wonder why. IIRC, tires were fine, pads would need attention but rotors were ok. Who knows about the clutch but it felt fine.

Not trying to talk anyone into the car but for anyone with DYI skills, I doubt you'd have much $ risk.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote