View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 02:52 AM   #12
Tommy2
Thank you all for your continued input, I really appreciate it!

So, shipping to Japan. It can be expensive and yes, Suncoast DOES ship to me. I also have other options that sometimes work.

I'm afraid I have misled us all a bit. I had a little bit of time today so I did some checking. Have not dug too much, but the shifter has an engraved P on one end and a part number 09/03 0003 on the other and is anodized a dark maroon/brown. Looks a lot like the one on Pelican Parts DIY on replacing the shifter (although a different PN). Maybe genuine Porsche?

So, back to digging for ideas. I can move the linkage at the back of the gearbox by hand. When I disconnect both cables back there the shift lever frees up and feels OK. Likewise when I disconnect them at the shifter it is fine. They are probably out of alignment at least some. I don't have the tool so an suggestions to adjust without it are welcome.

With both front and back cable ends are disconnected, the cables move freely without binding so the should at least be serviceable or adjustable at this point.

I don't have any records that the gearbox oil has been changed. So here we are back to the beginning.

Hot/cold, moving or stationary it's quite hard to get into gear. Effort doesn't change.
Clutch itself feels great and ok
Disconnect cables front and/or back the shifter moves unrestricted
When connected, the cables don't seem to be stressed
Can manually shift gears at rear, seems easy enough by hand
Don't know the condition of the gearbox oil

I should probably start by adjusting the cables, but without a tool need some ideas such as put in in 1st then attach cables etc.

I will also consider an oil change. Will that really help since the condition presents itself in various circumstances? It might!

Could some of the linkage at the back of the gearbox be bent or damaged? Visually looks ok.

Well, there we are for now. Let's see what smarter people than I can come up with.
Tommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote