View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 06:40 PM   #6
z12358

"Fantastic.... must have been a great time"

Yes. Don't know what this says about my life, but it was the most fun I've had since I can remember.

#2576...You in the black Boxster leading all varieties of white Porsche predecessors...well, it's too friggin' cool. It looks like a Boxster promo piece.

Grizzly, that pretty much sums up how both days went. In the rain, the Box was unbeatable (ok, in my Green runs), especially in the curves. On dry road, there was one 996 TT that would pull away from me on the straight but I would be right back on its a** after a couple of curves. The flaggers would see that and would flag him to let me pass on the straight after which I was gone. And I'm not even that good of a driver (my first DE). Imagine what an expert could do with it! My instructor couldn't stop saying how good the Box was.

Most fascinating and exciting was to see how you gain on someone who's not doing the "line" correctly in the complicated sections -- or you're doing it more correctly then them. The distance just disappears.

And skill is SO important. My instructor was driving his no-PSM 230hp '88 911 in the Red group. He took me for a run in his car (I think with the Yellows, because of rules) and he was so much faster than I could ever be with my 280hp Box with PSM. There's SO much more beyond raw horse power and events like this make that crystal clear. It's really like chess on wheels.

Z.