View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 12:39 AM   #19
Smallblock454

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyspaghetti View Post
Hi Markus,

The rims are straight according to those who have balanced the tires - however, they have only been checked with the tires still on the rims.

I need to double check for the dot tomorrow, but this issue started with my old tires and has continued with my new ones as well.

Brake discs have a pretty bad lip on the edge and they squeal a lot. I do not get any juddering or anything when I hit the brakes though.

I do not have any wheel spacers.
I would have check each rim. Sometimes rims can be damaged by curbstones, but you don't see the damage. If they are not 100% straight and not 100% round this can lead to vibrations. Had that problem myself with another car a long time ago. 3 rims where not 100% round and had some "side impact" (don't know the right technical term in english for that – in german it's "Seitenschlag"). Felt more like an vibration in the steering that started above 90-100 mph. Swapped the rims with new after market ones to get the problem fixed.

Vented brake discs can also be a problem. Sometimes people try to clean them. Especially the rust where they are vented (gap). This usually leads to an imbalance of the disk (one side is heavier than the other - same as an unbalanced wheel). You will not get any wobble when you brake, but the disk will affect a shaking / vibration in the steering at higher speeds.

Regards, Markus