View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 01:49 PM   #6
speedyspaghetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qckslvr View Post
I work at a Ford dealership at the back counter parts department. We have seen this issue a few times. Mostly it deals with cheap or old tires. We have seen cheap tires do this right from the factory. The cords can start to separate, and cause all sorts of fun issues that are hidden. Such as balancing the tire on a regular balancer and have it come out perfect every time. But then get the vehicle up to speed and you get vibrations.

Good tires can do it as well, but it is usually due to some kind of trauma to the tire. Like a really bad pot hole.

My suggestion.... if you can.... is borrow a set of wheels and tires. See if the problem goes away.
That makes sense - I started feeling this issue on my old tires - Nankangs from the PO - although they felt great for about 8k miles. The new Continentals should be better, but there's always the possibility. The thing that miffs me is that every single wheel balancing has found them to be a bit out of balance, even if it was just recently done with no trauma in between.
speedyspaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote