View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 09:04 AM   #3
Oldcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flmont View Post
Is the 04 special edition Boxster worth buying or is it just a S with a Bose system,..??
the color choice is interesting,but would it be worth anything more in say 10 yrs,or less due to more mileage..It has 60 K miles now and they are asking 15K. Thanxs. FM
More than just ‘a S with a Bose system’:

- 264 hp, 7 more than the Boxster S (largely due to ECU reprogramming)
- 987 airbox
- shorter-throw shifter (for the manual)
- unique exhaust tip
- 10-mm-lower suspension (M030) with five-mm-wider track (via factory spacers)
- Xenon headlights
- full leather interior
- sports seats
- GT Metallic Silver exterior with matching interior trim
- 18” Carrera Light wheels painted in two tone Seal Gray and Arctic Silver
- only 500 of the 1,953 total worldwide production were exported to the US for sale

Asking prices are running around 12,000 to 29,000 USD right now. There are currently three or four for sale on Craiglist.

The SE has dedicated Porsche issued product literature, posters, etc. and it was the last year for 986 production (typical move for Porsche to issue an SE edition at the end of a model run). Who knows regarding the value of an SE for the future. Mine is in excellent condition and it’s my leisure driver. I never expect a car I buy to appreciate.

The current price for any particular example is dependent on a lot of variables, so it’s impossible to comment regarding the car you are considering. Here’s the link to our 550SE ‘show and tell’ thread:

Official 2004 Boxster S 550 Anniversary Edition thread
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice

Last edited by Oldcarguy; 11-29-2018 at 09:21 AM.
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote