View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 08:02 PM   #3
P_Carfahrer
Pathological Tinkerer

Stock Oil Sump Temp Sensor Driven Gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
That's pretty cool, are you going to put any other gauges on there? Are you going to make a blue back light for it?

Yes I have already changed out the bulb that comes with the gauge with a blue led that uses the same socket style.

As far as other gauges go, I have a 996 cluster so oil pressure and voltmeter are covered. I want to put in another gauge as only having one in the space looks a little bare to me. I am having trouble coming up with what might be useful to put next to the temp gauge. I looked at installing an Innovate dual wideband lamba gauge as I will have a tune done but am not sure if it will be particularly useful long term. I thought about installing some fan override switches like you have done but I think I will instead build another microcontroller to automatically control the fans at a lower temperature setpoint.

The biggest issue I have with the gauge install is the space for the gauge doesn't really fit. In the pictures you can see how the DIN opening bows up significantly.

How have any of you dealt with putting a gauge in this location? Have you notched out the to top rail of the opening?

Last edited by P_Carfahrer; 11-29-2018 at 02:10 PM.
P_Carfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote