View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 08:30 AM   #1
dachrist

Not impressed with Porsche Technician

So I am still working on my winter project - Clutch/IMS/Water Pump on my 2004 Boxster. I bought the car this summer from the original owner, it was pretty much in pristine condition. All the service records, etc. He had the RMS replaced under warranty at the Porsche dealer, and that was the only major maintenance done other than the regular maintenance.

Fast forward to this past weekend. I have the rear bumper off and the exhaust out, and am preparing to drop the transmission. Upon examination, I see that when the tranny was pulled out for the RMS, one of the clips holding the shift cable must of broken. Why? Because the mechanic put a zip tie on it to hold it, rather than replace the broken clip! Ok...then when I am looking at the transmission to motor bolts, I'm thinking...hmm..I only see 7 bolts, I think there are supposed to be eight? Oh yes, there is a hole where they didn't put one of the bolts back in. Really? And these guys are "professional"? Remember, the only time this transmission would have been out is when they did the RMS under warranty!

Again..not impressed.
dachrist is offline   Reply With Quote