View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 06:05 PM   #27
AZ986S

Gang,

I was at NASA Bondurant last weekend and I logged the oil pressure data while using the Accusump pressure switch bypass, effectively running the valve open all the time when bypass is ON.

It is a very short 1 mile track with almost constant turns, and pretty slow overall. Last time I was there, the Accusump was triggering often.

Here's an updated summary:

For session 1, I did not engage the bypass switch, just leaving it in standard pressure switch mode. It only triggered once. For sessions 2 and 3, I turned ON the bypass switch, keeping the valve open. Although the temps were warmer than session 1, I did not see any significant difference on the Valve Cover oil pressure minimums, with a 4 psi difference (31-27) between sessions 1 and 3 with bypass ON being better. This comes at the expense of a somewhat higher oil volume depletion in the Accusump, indicated by lower minimums/maximums air side pressures when the bypass is ON. This means there is more oil in the sump/in circulation in the engine. This setup is working well for me so far, but I can't yet conclude that the bypass switch ON has a significant effect on reducing oil pressure dips (starvation). Will need more data.

What I will do for the next event is reduce the total oil volume so that, at 80 psi air side pressure, the dash level indicator shows full and not 1 bar above as I had setup for the previous events. My suspicion is that the extra volume is contributing for the Accusump not triggering as often, as well as possibly the air temps being cooler. I also believe that the higher air side preload (15 psi vs 7 psi originally) is helping.
2002 Boxster S - NHP 200 Cell Headers,test pipes,Borla CatBack,Competition Plenum,74 mm TB, EVOMS Tune,Tarett UDP,Eibach Swaybars,BIlstein PSS9s,TuneRS rear toe links,wheel studs,15 mm wheel spacers on all 4,EBC yellow stuff pads,Sebro rotors, EBS oil baffles,160 deg Thermostat,2 quart Accusump,full filtration remote oil filter,rad fan switch,custom gauge/switch plate, Race Capture data logging, 90K miles

Last edited by AZ986S; 11-25-2018 at 06:11 PM.
AZ986S is offline   Reply With Quote