Thread: Newb
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 07:18 AM   #1
LoganZillmer

Newb

Hey, all. I don't yet own a 986 but will soon be in the market. So, I thought I would join the forum and learn as much as I could before I purchase.

I have been a Porsche enthusiast my whole life (raised to be really). My absolute dream car is a 356 A Speedster (beehive taillights). Knowing full well I will most likely never have the money to own one, but wanting very badly to own a Porsche, and growing tired of not having yet owned one, I began looking at the prospect of a gen 1 Boxter. I have always really liked the Boxter, despite geers from my friends . From what I have read, Grant Larson took styling cues from the 356 Speedster, and the 550 (another favorite of mine), so it makes sense that I am drawn to the 986.

Bottom line, I am 32, I don't make a lot of money, Porsche love runs through my blood, and the 986 seems like the most realistic way for me to get into one. I would love to get any clean 986, especially the S, and will be looking to buy next summer/fall. Hope to spend around 10K.

Looking forward to digging into the forum and hopefully meeting some good Porsche people!

Also, as an aside, I am professional photographer, and am looking to marry my two loves together in the near future. So, I am hoping to share some good Porsche photography with you folks.
LoganZillmer is offline   Reply With Quote