Thread: Strange noise
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 08:47 PM   #17
maytag
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffodildeb View Post
No comments? I'm probably going to flatbed to my indy Porsche mechanic on Monday, but still would like answers to my questions.
I think you threw us all for a loop with the "on- again, off- again" nature.

Here's your questions, with my own shot at them:

1. Obviously it needs to go to the mechanic, who is 50 miles away, mostly 2-lane highway and interstate. Drive or flatbed? (I'd flatbed it, if that's an option)

2. What happens if Something Bad happens on the way and it totally fails? (Exactly why I'd flatbed it. Because we don't know what it is, we can't guess what'll be damaged if it fails catastrophically)

3. What are the warning sounds/events before this happens? (The "BEEP-BEEP-BEEP" of the flatbed backing into the drive)

4. Is this a DIY job for the average guy who restored a 356, does brake jobs, changes oil? (Typically I'd say Yes... if it's indeed CV- related. But the problem here, is that if you don't know how to inspect the CV's, then no, you shouldn't be replacing them. I'm not trying to be rude here.... but I will ask: how does a person who can't differentiate between mud flaps and CV joint noises, "restore" a 356?)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote