View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 10:29 PM   #8
Geof3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo 8 View Post
Thanks for all the great info!....even if I was called a Bastard...all be it, a lucky one. Very true. Ah Jeez, an immobilizer, huh? I hope it's dry because electrical bugs can be the worst esp in these computer controlled engines. I should be getting the car in January/February. I'm a detail fanatic so I'll take pictures of it as it sits and then along the way. The thorough bath/detail will be last. I'm sure I'll have more questions as they arise. I sure hope this immobilizer is not high on the Porsche price list.
As long as it doesn’t/hasn’t gotten wet it should be fine. Even if it did get wet, they can (usually) be fixed/cleaned. Pretty much every single thing on these cars has a sensor, or switch, or something. The electronics overall are pretty robust, and not too nightmarish to figure out. Most of the stuff is fairly common and there is a wealth of knowledge on the board here. It would be worthwhile, if you even suspect water intrusion, to pull the driver’s seat and remove and inspect the immobilizer. Do this before you put a battery in it to avoid airbag warnings etc. it is a very easy thing to pull and remove the cover to look at the circuit board.
Geof3 is offline   Reply With Quote