View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 12:17 PM   #1
dachrist

Began my winter project - interesting find

Hello all

I have started my winter major maintenance project on my new to me 2004 Boxster (Base). My plan is to replace the clutch (original clutch - 150K KM), flywheel, IMS bearing, Water pump, and thermostat. While under the car this weekend, removing the access panels and chassis rails/plate, I noticed there was some (a bit, not too much) CV grease flung around the inner drivers side CV joint. The joint itself was a bit greasy as well. I thought to myself "must be a ripped boot"...but upon further inspection, the boot itself is in fine shape, no rips or tears. However I can take the boot and rotate it on the "big end" of the joint. Its like the band itself isn't tight enough. All the other boots and clamps are tight. I plan to replace the boot now, but curious as to how many others have seen this? IE no rip or tear in the boot, yet grease is getting out.

Oh..and one other interesting find...I removed the rear bumper for better access to pull the muffler and the transmission...and found the cable release for the rear trunk. So you have to remove the bumper to gain access to the release? Haha
dachrist is offline   Reply With Quote