View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 08:56 AM   #12
phook

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
I can only speak for myself, but I think some of the comments you're seeing here display a similarity in our thinking.

Most of us are tired of the word "rare" being overused. Everybody thinks that "hard to find", equates to "rare", equates to "expensive", equates to "collectible". These are not interchangeable words. And yet, in so many eBay listings, Craigslist listings, classifieds listings, we see the word "rare", or the words "1 of 1" used when an inflated price is applied.

Most of us understand, that what you found, is a $8,000 car, if it's in good shape. Enjoy it for what it is. It will never be more than that. It will never be a collectible. It will never be considered rare. And it will never be worth more than about 8 grand.

With very "rare" exceptions. Haha!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
This.

There is a "rare" "1 of 1" 996 that I keep seeing come up for sale over the past 2-3 years. It's has the X51 power package with sunroof delete, but that seller has been trying to sell it for about $40k for a long time now.

To the OP - don't get upset down the road IF you try to sell your boxster and nobody will give you $20k for it because it's "close" to being a 1 of 1. Speedster humps can be purchased in second hand market or aftermarket. M030 can be purchased as ROW and I see used US spec come up for sale every now and then. And one can easily paint their own center console.
phook is offline   Reply With Quote