View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 07:23 PM   #24
longislander1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee

PS-Since you believe this whole deal is a vast conspiracy, I will ask you the key question here.

HOW MUCH SHOULD GAS COST and how do you know that?

Let me ask you some questions. Should gas cost $2.79 a gallon where I live, less than 50 miles from the nearest refineries, while the national average is $2.50? I'm sure that's just "market demand." Should America give away oil leases for free, resulting in losses of about $10 billion a year to the taxpayers? Do you really believe that oil companies, already awash in government incentives as well as profits, can't get a refinery approved with (no mistake here) Dick Cheney leading our country? Is it an accident that so little money is invested in alternative fuels in the U.S.? Why is the White House afraid to tell us who met with Cheney in formulating government energy policy?

What you'll see is more saber-rattling against Iran right after the November elections. Crude prices will rise sharply and so will prices at the pump. If the Republicans win both houses, they'll blame it on "market demand." If the Democrats win (we can only hope), the Republicans will try to make it their mess. Rove's probably working on it right now.
longislander1 is offline   Reply With Quote