View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 06:23 PM   #1
Qckslvr

Exhaust and tunning

So I have done my searching and nothing really answers the questions I have.

So first off I am looking to unleash the natural boxer sound of my Boxster. As we all know the stock exhaust hides a lot of the cars sound. I would like to car to sound like a Porsche, a sports car. BTW my car is a 2001 Boxster S

I am no stranger to exhaust systems, or tuning for that matter. But! My budget is a little more limited this time around. ( I still have power window that is frustrating the hell out of me)

So here my thoughts. I have looked at both the Fabspeed Maxflow system and the Borla system. I have also looked at the Soul Performance vacuum controlled exhaust cutouts.

So first thought.... Ebay headers with the Fabspeed Maxlow system.

Second though... Ebay headers with Fabspeed secondary cat delete with Borla Exhaust

Third thought... Ebay headers with Fabspeed secondary cat delete with Soul Cut Outs and the stock muffler

Now my questions.... With the main converters removed will I throw a CEL?

Next.... I noticed the Fabspeed Maxflow and even there other systems have a pipe between the tips for exhaust equalization. I know from the Mustangs I have had that an H or X Pipe one changes exhaust notes, but mostly helps with the equalization of exhaust pressures, and helps scavenging. The Borla does not have this tube. Does the Boxster or boxer engine for that matter suffer performance issues because of this?

Last.... Assuming I will not throw a CEL with headers, etc.... is a tunner needed? I wish I could use the tunner from my Mustang, but I doubt American tuners talk to German cars...

Thank you for your insight
Qckslvr is offline   Reply With Quote