Thread: Season is over.
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 06:56 AM   #1
DWBOX2000

Season is over.

My daughter mentioned snow coming so I decided to put car away since with snow comes salt. I went out yesterday at lunch and cleaned. I planned on parking in my garage. Mother calls and says she cleaned her garage and has space. Now with my paranoid mind I am thinking great but now i need to really get moving to get the car over there before the snow. So last night I pulled the hardtop off, ran a kerosene heater outside the car to get the temp up before I raised the roof. The temp finally gets up to a reasonable temperature so I raise the roof. Well the plastic is not conforming back to shape as well as I would like so I continue to run my heater and then run a electric heater inside the car. Gets pretty warm in car and I push plastic back to shape. Looking good. Then I realize I still need (probably not really) to run compressor and blow out all the areas where grit would catch in the wheelwells. Done. Then It dawns on me that I need to do the tire pressure. Geez, tires are all down around 20 PSI. No wonder not driving so good on highway. Hand pump each up to 35psi.
Drive to moms house at 9 PM. Give a light wax, set glue traps, disconnect battery and cover. Busy night.
Still to do, get over and change oil (annual) and spray misc nuts and bolts beneath car with wd40 and clean out radiators.
I guess the reason I am writing, it's a lot of work.
Anyone else, same experience. I'm sure some are worse.
DWBOX2000 is offline   Reply With Quote