View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 04:24 PM   #45
mikefocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
I think it takes 10,000 repetitions to make an expert, right?

I'm just kidding.

But the suggestion that because someone has done it hundreds of times, we should listen ONLY to them is a little silly, isn't it? Shouldn't we question the status quo? shouldn't we ask the WHY? Don't you think it's possible that what makes the most sense to one person may be different from what makes the most sense to another?

you're asking us to offer a more-than-religious-like adherence (follow without asking why) without offering anything eschatological.
Just kidding a certain frequent poster. And implying that there is a certain merit to understanding the person who is posting and their qualifications on a subject.

Those who want to speculate without significant experience (say maybe a million well publicized miles on their theory) are certainly free to do so. But following those speculations with your money is to make a daring leap of faith if you don't understand the subject. And since people doing this change are doing it to reduce risk, does that make sense?

I often post that my experience (2 IMS equipped cars) is statistically insignificant. Yours may be different.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote