View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 10:12 AM   #1
CliffA

just read this article...OUCH!

i'm new to Porsche and the 986.....i LOVE my car and intend to keep it a LONG time....so being a fairly good 'shade tree' mechanic i decided to look around the internet for some info on the M96 engines so i can become familiar with the engine and how to do basic repairs and service....because everyone knows that information that is posted on the internet has to be true by law, right?...........

so i came across this article on the M96 engines....

https://motoiq.com/performance-engines-that-suck-the-porsche-m96/

i mean damn!.....this guy paints a pretty horrible picture about the M96....i had heard and read about some of the issues highlighted in this article but not all......i'm almost afraid to drive my car home now for fear of blowing up!......

so, since this internet article has to be true i am now seriously considering selling....no, GIVING my car away to anyone that will pick it up.........

just kidding of course....but how much truth is in this attack against the M96 engine and how much is over exaggerated?....my car had to have a new IMSB around 8,000 miles so i am aware of that particular item.....only have 23,000 miles on the car now....i'm the 2nd owner....

thanks....

cliff
Metallic Carmon Red
18" Carrera Wheels

Last edited by CliffA; 11-13-2018 at 10:24 AM.
CliffA is offline   Reply With Quote