Thread: Sour Grapes
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2002, 02:15 PM   #10
Robert(Agoura Hills)
Forum Member

Talking I see Boxster Boards

There are so many Box Boards,,,,,The Japanese ones are the funniest. SCBG isnt even in the same league with most of them. We are just a windy one lane dirt road on the info hi-way where a few SoCal people can talk about local boxster stuff and have to wade thru the endless posts on PPBB. I think, that every Boxster board needs to find their own niche and not try to be like others. I feel this is the only way in which a Boxster board can be successfull. Case in point. The first copy of PPBB was the Boxster racing board. In fact it is still using the same original software as PPBB started with. But, it didnt do well and had very liitle postings. Why? because it tried to duplicate what PPBB was all about. People said, why do I need to post on 2 boards? (P.S. this is when PPBB only got 800 hits a day) Well, it floundered until Gary is send a suggestion. "WHy not change the board's charter and turn it into a board strictly about racing the Boxster". Well, its a narrower focus but that was exactly what the Boxster community needed and its been a favorite of mine ever since....Boxster racing Board found its niche and it is still flourishing....Hopefully the SCBG board will be like that one day.
Robert(Agoura Hills) is offline   Reply With Quote