View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 12:55 PM   #19
911monty

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
aaaahhhhhhh..... Bach. ($5 to anyone who recognizes that reference, haha)

Okay. thanks to Radium King, JFP and 911Monty, My eyes have been opened. YEah, I can see it now... makes total sense. that ALSO leads me to understand what MaxD was getting at, about the engine turning backwards....

y'all are a wealth of knowledge here.

now, excuse me while I back-up a little bit, as I take a long look at the way Porsche engineers designed that entire system, and shake my head in wonder. (as in: I wonder why in hell they still had jobs after that mess?)

Of course, I've seen worse, because I've owned Jaguars, RangeRovers and Maseratis.
In your previous thread, Post #12, I asked if you got the clutch released before going backwards in your spin when I asked about the scavenge pumps. Have you checked their condition? The sources for pressure in these engines come from compression/combustion, thermal/ water, and mechanical/ oil pump. Since you don't have water in the oil there is really only 2 sources you need to evaluate for pressure in the valve covers. The AOS is a source of vacuum not pressure. It is basically a regulator between the intake vacuum and the crankcase.

Last edited by 911monty; 11-05-2018 at 01:03 PM.
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote