View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 07:18 PM   #6
petropolis

My backup camera by default reverses the picture which is the correct orientation for my Pioneer stereo. My backup camera came with a wire you could short to put the image in the opposite way but I didn't need to do that. My Pioneer has a system setting where you can check the GPS strength and my mounting location is excellent (16-19 GPSs green and others are yellow). I turned on the headlights and my unit dims. I didn't hook up the video HDMI and RBG audio video cables because even if I use these in the car, the Pioneer unit won't show video when the parking brake isn't applied. Also, the space behind the unit it tight and I initially couldn't get the stereo in until I wrapped the wires and zip tied them. I also tested the speed sensor monitoring on my Pioneer and it shows a count that increases at the car speeds up and decreases as it slows down but it does not show mph. It shows a value like 3000 for 50 mph (or something like that). This is normal.

One last warning: do not close your hood with the battery disconnected! I did this and thought I was really up a creek without a paddle. If you do this, there is a pull out positive bar in the fuse box that you can connect positive 12 volt to and negative to the body and wait a few seconds and then open with either the front trunk release or the key fob. Apparently this is so common Porsche thought of this and put this little pull out bar in the fuse box. It even has a little picture on it showing you can use it to open the front trunk.

Last edited by petropolis; 11-05-2018 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Information in posting is below. I'll leave it there instead.
petropolis is offline   Reply With Quote