View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 02:41 PM   #1
maytag
Who's askin'?

Liquid oil in the exhaust.... and other oddities

Hey y'all;
I need some help, and it seems I've diluted my AOS topic enough that this specific issue hasn't attracted any attention. Either that or nobody has an opinion.... which is hard to imagine, haha.

In my "AOS, what breaks first" thread, I've described the situation surrounding this specific question, but to nutshell: I've got oil in the exhaust. I still seem to have good compression in all cylinders, and no obvious signs of intermix. This could be simple catastrophic AOS failure, but there's still one issue nagging at me, keeping me from diving in:

Note the photos below. Large cam plug on the front of intake cam on the left bank is MISSING. Both small cam plugs on the back of the same bank are canted/ crooked. I can't account for this. It's almost as if they've been pressurized and blown out. I've been trying to imagine ways that crankcase pressure could reach those levels, and none of my imaginings are pleasant. None of these areas show obvious signs of oil dripping from those holes, but there is signs of weeping, and the foam sound insulator opposite the missing plug is saturated.

Can y'all please help me with your experience here?

What could have caused this?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote