View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 11:03 AM   #12
rfuerst911sc

UPDATE : Today we replaced the tank , with the expertise of a mechanic we had it 100 % done in 3 hours and there was cleaning of some stuff and a fair amount of talking We did it primarily from underneath , a car lift is invaluable for this job . Removed some plastic panels and the aluminum main plate and supports . And having the proper hose clamp tools was a huge time saver .

For now keeping the trunk carpet out so I can monitor any leaks in the trunk . Drove it home 12 miles and trunk is bone dry . We did not vacumn the system as we only drained the tank and pinched off the coolant line so the system wouldn't drain from the front . Filled the tank halfway between the MIN and MAX lines and I will monitor if any additional coolant is needed . I'm glad this is done and hope the new tank lasts for many years .
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote