Thread: Shipping Costs
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 07:37 AM   #10
KevinH1990

Here's a photo of a hard top in the crate used by Porsche. I think a good carpenter could build one for you. I think the details of finding a carpenter, building the crate, and moving the crated hard top to the freight terminal take a lot of time and energy to work out. If you have a really good friend located near the hard top, you may be able to pull it off.

Here's a link to a similar discussion a few years ago.Has anyone shipped a hard top and what did it cost?

As detailed in that post, using anything less substantial than a crate risks serious damage.

The hard top weighs about 45 pounds. The crate will add around another 50. So I estimate the total shipping weight to be around 100 pounds. The weight may be less important than the size of the crate when estimating shipping costs.

Good luck
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console

Last edited by KevinH1990; 11-02-2018 at 07:42 AM.
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote