View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 06:05 PM   #14
Boxstard

Just put my hardtop on, getting ready for daily driving through winter again.

Spring to fall I drive top down unless it’s raining, that’s what the Boxster is all about to me. But last winter I discovered that Boxster can be very reliable and fun driving on dedicated snow tires through Michigan winter, even with my lowered suspension, and the hardtop is critical for warm and more protected feel, and defroster is very handy! No way I use the ice scraper over my soft top with plastic window.

Yes, cabin is much quieter, but with 987 aluminum engine cover with no carpet on top, I hear just right amount of engine noise, 996 throttle body taking breath and slightly muted PSE exhaust. I lubed weatherstrip so not much rattle, hope it stays this way through winter at -20F.

This time I took soft top out to repair plastic window, so not much additional weight to drag around... it feels great and almost driving a different car, possibly similar to something called Cayman?
1997 Boxster arctic silver/ red, XNE riveted mahogany/ leather steering wheel & 917-style wood shift knob, Ben’s short shifter, PSE, 996 TB, UDP, stereo/ center console delete, hardtop and speedster humps, daily driver rain or shine or snow!

Last edited by Boxstard; 10-28-2018 at 06:20 PM.
Boxstard is offline   Reply With Quote