View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 05:54 PM   #24
AZ986S

Yes, it looks like the Canton Racing sandwich plate feeds the Accusump (or oil cooler) pre-filter, so the pressures would be higher and you might need a higher setting pressure switch. When I talked to Canton, he mentioned that it would be better to have filtered oil going into the Accusump accumulator. Not to mention what Steved0x said about the benefits of the anti-drainback if you don't use a check valve. The issue I had when deciding to go with a remote filter base was two-fold: not enough room for a 1042 with a sandwich plate (too low), and more ports available to install pressure sensors with remote base (more flexibility). I think TuneRS now has a really nice remote take off plate that is low profile that integrates a backflow preventer.
2002 Boxster S - NHP 200 Cell Headers,test pipes,Borla CatBack,Competition Plenum,74 mm TB, EVOMS Tune,Tarett UDP,Eibach Swaybars,BIlstein PSS9s,TuneRS rear toe links,wheel studs,15 mm wheel spacers on all 4,EBC yellow stuff pads,Sebro rotors, EBS oil baffles,160 deg Thermostat,2 quart Accusump,full filtration remote oil filter,rad fan switch,custom gauge/switch plate, Race Capture data logging, 90K miles

Last edited by AZ986S; 10-28-2018 at 05:59 PM.
AZ986S is offline   Reply With Quote