View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 07:44 AM   #19
AZ986S

Was at AMP yesterday with the PCA group and logged some more data with and without the Accusump Bypass switch. This is a switch I installed to be able to keep the solenoid valve open, effectively bypassing the pressure switch.

The first session is from a few months ago with NASA at the same track, but with the NAPA Gold 1042 oil filter. The last 3 sessions are from yesterday. I turned on the Bypass switch only for Session 2. I did a fresh oil change with 10 qts of M1 15W50 prior to yesterday's event. I also increased the Accusump air preload to 15 psi from 7 psi previously.

Very similar numbers for all 3 session yesterday, with and without the Bypass switch. BUT, the interesting thing is that the Accusump did not trigger at all during sessions 1 and 3 with the bypass switch OFF. Looking at the pump pressures, it looks like the pressure did not go low enough (35 psi) to trigger the Accusump. The only possible explanation I see for this is that the oil level might be higher with the increased air side pressure. This pushes more of the total oil volume in the sump and less in the Accusump. The electronic oil level gauge was showing 1 bar above full with the Accusump partially empty. Either way, I am happy with the performance of the oiling system yesterday with the lowest VC pressure at 29 psi.

Next event is at Bondurant with NASA and I will collect more data with the bypass ON and OFF. My belief is that keeping the bypass ON with normal oil levels should help reduce the oil pressure drops.
2002 Boxster S - NHP 200 Cell Headers,test pipes,Borla CatBack,Competition Plenum,74 mm TB, EVOMS Tune,Tarett UDP,Eibach Swaybars,BIlstein PSS9s,TuneRS rear toe links,wheel studs,15 mm wheel spacers on all 4,EBC yellow stuff pads,Sebro rotors, EBS oil baffles,160 deg Thermostat,2 quart Accusump,full filtration remote oil filter,rad fan switch,custom gauge/switch plate, Race Capture data logging, 90K miles

Last edited by AZ986S; 10-28-2018 at 07:49 AM.
AZ986S is offline   Reply With Quote