View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 10:45 AM   #6
CliffA

thanks for the replies....the car only has around 23K miles so hopefully repairs will be few for a while....the IMSB was replaced by the previous owner who is also a friend and the original owner.....i had the 'pleasure' of experiencing the coolant tank cracking....after a little research i decided to use the extended warranty i bought with the car to replace the tank...trying to access the hoses and clamps on the inside of the trunk wall were enough to help make my mind up.....the warranty is fairly extensive in coverage with a $250 deductible.....i have a good local independent shop that works on all types of foreign and exotic cars....when i spoke to them about the job they told me it would take around 5 hrs of labor since they would remove the body from the chassis instead of trying to replace the tank with the car assembled.....so i dropped the car off with them and picked it up the next day....the bill would have been around $1,100 so the $250 i paid on the warranty deductible was money well spent....this one repair paid 1/2 the cost of the warranty....plus this gave the Technicians time to thoroughly inspect things while the body was off and luckily it came back with a clean bill of health...but i am not afraid to tackle easy to moderately hard jobs if and when needed...i enjoy working with my hands and getting grease under my finger nails....

cliff
Metallic Carmon Red
18" Carrera Wheels

Last edited by CliffA; 10-26-2018 at 10:58 AM.
CliffA is offline   Reply With Quote