View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 11:40 AM   #18
ymkmkrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
The beast has the OEM Boxster S seats from 2002 , the leather is in good shape on both seats with no tears or cracks . The leather is a little on the stiff side so at the very least they probably need some leather treatment to soften them up . Other than that I find that the seats don't seem that comfortable Regardless of how I adjust them same results , the " pain " is mostly in the seat bottom . I find that if I remove my wallet that helps . The seats also have warmers on both sides .

I am guessing due to the age that the foam in the bottoms are worn out/flattened/compressed . For those of you that have gone to a pro to have seats rebuilt were you happy with the results ? Did you have extra foam added ? I am not huge I weigh 212 pounds at 5 ' 10 " . The OEM seats do not have much of a side bolster which is great for getting in and out but a little more bolster would be good . Any other suggestions on making the seats more comfortable ?

You can get foam replaced fairly inexpensively with good results or you can buy the seat bottom and/or seat back forms from a dealer. Not so Inexpensive, but you will have like new seats from a feel perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk