View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 05:06 PM   #10
Porsche-Eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallblock454 View Post
Hm, i don't get it.

A new, complete original spare key from Porsche is around 175 euros, which is around 200 usd. OK this key has to be programmed to the car, which might be additional 100 usd. And you'll need the code cards for your other keys to have it done by Porsche. So maybe 300 usd.

So why do you invest 225 usd in a cheapo chinese crap transponder cloner or 200 usd in 2 keys that don't have a remote function and will always keep the alarm system of your car in a state of a permanent error generator?
X2 is ordered and on its way (from China), which means it can arrive any time from 5 days to 3 months. Lol.

Like 986S, the P dealer in Calgary charged me $640 all-in the last time I did a key/fob/programming. But, this is not the primary reason I want to order a key fob cloner and programmer. I am in a car club and if this works then I can help others for practically free. Not to mention I love gadgets and tools and if I can do stuff myself then I will try it first. This way I’m learning all the time. The basic principles are applicable to all cars not just the Boxster.
Porsche-Eh is offline   Reply With Quote