View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 09:35 PM   #4563
Steelepuls

Garage
Upgraded the front speaker and installed the poor man’s rear speaker system

After installing a new stereo in my truck, I suddenly realized how woefully underpowered the stereo in my 01S was. My uncle (PO) installed a Pioneer HU with only stock fronts and bass units in the doors. Very anemic sound and very little bass coming from the doors. So, I picked up a set of Alpine SPS410 for the fronts that were disintergrating and added a set of Pioneer TS-G460 (4x6) for the rears. I modified the rear storage unit per the threads here. The pioneers fit just right, very little room left. Found a garbage can to make into a grill and installed the wiring to the back of the HU. Not too hard, few hours of work today.
Now this car thumps, even without replacing the door bass units. The 4x6 rears put out a lot of bass for little speakers and the alpine fronts were definite upgrade to stock.

I can hear the highs now with decent bass. Thanks to all of the poster that put up all of the awesome instructions here for the replacements. Couldn’t have done it with out you. :dance::dance:
Steelepuls is offline   Reply With Quote