View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 04:53 PM   #1
mgfranz

Garage
Rear Lower Stress Bar Feeler

After doing a lot of digging, I found the "Pedro" bar, the Ranntech bar and the "Bristol" bar, but all of them have certain deficiencies that I wanted to avoid in tackling this item. Specifically the issues I found were price, effort of engineering and quality of materials. All of which I believe I have alleviated in the development of this piece.

I present, the new and improved 986/987 lower stress bar.

The kit;

Components;

And installed;

The main differences in this kit is that the attaching bolts are all hardened with hardened bushings that can handle the loads of the stress that can be placed on them and the hardened Heim joints with a thicker end wall which has been tested to over 90,000 lbs of load before failure. Plus since the bar is adjustable you can actually pre-load your rear toe and/or camber slightly, (more is available if you modify your aluminum plate). The bar itself is made out of 1" aluminum and is IMCA appproved. The Heim joints are Carbon Steel and zinc coated to prevent rust, I found that the bearing joint is not necessary and actually added another possible point of failure, therefore the solid Heim.

Initial impressions are a tighter rear feel with less oversteer and firmer ride, but a definite improvement over stock.

These kits are available for $97.50 + shipping. PM me if interested.
mgfranz is offline   Reply With Quote