View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 12:18 AM   #1
M4tus

Garage
Updates during one year of ownership

It started with hole in one catalitic converter, so I found aftermarket ones and becouse of a big price difference instead of porsche original parts I took them.
During exhaust dissasembling I found torned cw boots, so next point to do. It makes my car for one month out of driving, cause lack of time for it.

Next point was change all sway-bar drop-links, which was really pain in the ass, cause on rear axle they were stucked in aluminium wheel carrier, so I had to drill them out. Front ones were easy.

Other step on my TO DO list was front brakes complete new discs and pads this was stright forward, without any issue. I choosed Brembo parts

And my last big project was complete new struts, springs and stabilisers. I took set of bilstein B8 HaR springs and HaR stabilisers, they were used for one year and 6 000 km on friends car, so I had good price after he crashed his car. My 15 year old struts were really in bad condition. It was not that complicated to change them, but there was striped thread for bolt which holds rear brake calipper on left side, it was so sad day. I managed to repair it by my self with thread insert, good experience for me. And I have to tell, on new struts instead of 15 years old ones, car behaves much much better (night and day difference)

Oh and almost forgot, wheel spacers I have 21 mm on rear and 15 mm on front. But after installing a new suspension (struts, lowering springs) wheels are scratching rear fender at rear end corner, so I will have to probably put also 15 mm for rear axle.