View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 10:36 AM   #4
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
One trick when opening the brake lines, for example to install ss brake lines or to rebuild a caliper, put a jackstand or something in the car and set it so that it pushes the brake pedal, this seems to close off the line at the top (similar to holding your finger on the end of a straw) and it minimizes the amount of fluid that leaks out.

I would replace the SS lines, and then do your flush, as adding the SS lines will introduce a lot of air into the system and will require a major bleed after.
Thank you for that tip! OK... the "air"...

Should I be concerned about that "air" compromising any brake modules or whathaveyou... necessitating bringing it to a mechanic to clear any codes associated with ABS or other brake technology?

My approach will be to prepare the car... have all the tool(s) in order and ready... then removing the existing rubber lines... installing the SS lines... then bleeding. When installing the new lines should I start from the furthest line working forward? Anything which I should consider or otherwise be aware of before I commence? I'm not a fan of surprises.

Thank you!

"Ignore the guilt, and take your turn"
Starter986 is offline   Reply With Quote