View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 08:19 AM   #3
bmsamson

More detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by redciv1 View Post
Did you have to remove the headunit to replace the heater core, if so, double check those connections?
Do you have a volt meter to test the amp to see if it is getting power?
Before disconnecting the battery try the reset button on the headunit if there is one present. I replaced my headunit a couple months after buying car and can't remember if and where the reset button is located on factory headunit.
I have had strange stuff happen as well doing repairs and it seems like a coincidence to be honest.
For those who haven't had the joy of replacing the heater core, lucky you. Actually, the service folks at my local dealership say it's a very uncommon job on our cars, so I guess it's really (un)lucky me. The good news is, unlike other cars I've owned, on the Boxster there's no fiddling with/in the dash to access/replace it. You actually do so in the frunk, it's aft of the battery (for the curious, see those two hoses behind where the battery's sitting? You've found your heater core. You have to remove the battery, the entire windshield wiper assembly, and two support braces to gain access, but it's actually relatively simple).

Ok, end of lesson. Back to my issue. Testing the amp to see if it's getting power seems a good idea, if I can figure out where to put the leads. LOTS of wires in the back of that thing, need to think on which might be hot. I'll give it a more careful look and try that, but still happy for more informed advice.

Thanks again.
bmsamson is offline   Reply With Quote