View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 12:10 AM   #1
bmsamson

Lost my sound :(

Last week I finally got around to replacing my heater core, which went smoothly enough except for a burst of coolant when I disconnected the hoses and one of my clamps didn't seal things very well. After getting that mess cleaned up and everything buttoned back together, I found nothing coming out of my speakers. The radio (CDR23) lights up as it should, the mute is off, the fuses are fine. For what it's worth, what seems like a fan on the left (passenger) side of the amp doesn't seem to be spinning, but I don't know if it's always supposed to (indicating no power there, or just not triggered so idle). I didn't see a fuse on the amp itself anyplace, but didn't remove it from its bracket so maybe I'm missing something, or maybe it's something else entirely. (I was thinking maybe the coolant spill hit the amp and is at the root of my problem, but with the fuse in the panel ok, could only think of a fuse in the amp itself blowing as a sign of that, if there is one?) Anyone have suggestions I should pursue to figure this out? I'm thinking of disconnecting and reconnecting the battery again just to see if that changes anything, but don't really see why it should and hoping it might be something else I've not thought of yet.

Thanks in advance.
bmsamson is offline   Reply With Quote