View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 07:03 PM   #4556
Boxstard

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8ked View Post
Accepted the return of Fall and the PNW rainy season by re-installing my hardtop.

Feels like a different car with the hardtop on. On my first drive with the hardtop re-installed I had two different people ask "what kind of car is that?" obviously not Porsche people.
One was a woman who thought the car was "cute", that really hurt....
I heard a middle aged woman saying ‘look cute little car’ to her family as walking by... at least my top was up so I pretended I never heard it.

My hardtop will be on the car in a few weeks too, along with dedicated snow tires. Yes, as much as I like top-down open driving, I also like secure, quieter and warmer feel of hardtop in cold weather... not mentioning its looks with round roof line true to inspiration from 550. I’m gonna take out the soft top assembly to replace rear plastic window over this winter. I may take the motor/ transmissions out too and go manual to save weight and ensure Boxster chop as routine process on new vinyl next summer.
1997 Boxster arctic silver/ red, XNE riveted mahogany/ leather steering wheel & 917-style wood shift knob, Ben’s short shifter, PSE, 996 TB, UDP, stereo/ center console delete, hardtop and speedster humps, daily driver rain or shine or snow!

Last edited by Boxstard; 10-12-2018 at 01:29 AM.
Boxstard is offline   Reply With Quote