View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 11:45 PM   #10
BrokenLinkage

Let me just concede that Markus and Todd are both right, and that a committed car thief could snatch your car in such circumstances and no doubt silence the alarm as well while they worked.
But around these parts, the typical junkie-needing-a-fix or young adult ner-do-well that breaks into your house looking for something to fence and maybe a car for a quick joy ride to the scene of their next crime, well lets just say it would be unusual for them to come back later with an accomplice, a trailer, and a winch.
Professional car thieves might do this, but they seldom target 18 yr old cars that are common enough to be worth little yet unique enough to be easily identifiable at a distance.
And if I am not mistaken, most if not all european cars came with a special alarm treat denied us North American customers, in the form of a standard shock/movement sensor as part of the alarm system. Again, not bulletproof protection, but one more hurdle for a thief.
I've got plenty to keep me up at night worrying, but the fact that some #%&@ stole one of my keys a few years ago is pretty well at the bottom of the list. But maybe your list is shorter. Hope no one messes with your Boxster -or your house- they should be called out in the law as an acceptable reason for justifiable homicide IMO.
BrokenLinkage is offline   Reply With Quote