Thread: Spare Tire
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 07:02 AM   #14
ymkmkrz

Spare Tire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOxford View Post
OK Guys,

I've been going around the block for several months trying to arrive at a suitable solution for equipping our Caymans with spare tires. (I just don't like the idea of traveling without one.)

Been overloaded with TMI about space saver tires, their ages, whether 986 spare would fit, etc. Searched all the boards and still not confident with a rock solid option.

Even bought a collapsible spare on eBay that didn't work out, and got stiffed on the return shipping.

Any thoughts?

Just wonderin'..............

TO

A 986 spare should fit a Cayman. I just can’t understand why the first guy ever bought a car with no spare. If he had refused the manufacturers would have found a way to continue including them. Air cooled 911s had very Limited space in the frunk but Porsche had a decent option. I still have extra Porsche spares from a couple of different era cars. When rx8s first came out without a spare I wanted one. Not sure why I wanted one, but I told the dealer I would buy it if he fitted a spare in the trunk at no extra charge. He refused, asking me several hundred bucks and I walked. He called me the next day offering to do it, but in the meantime I bought a used 996.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ymkmkrz; 10-06-2018 at 07:04 AM.
ymkmkrz is offline   Reply With Quote