View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 12:21 PM   #10
Smallblock454

I think the key transponder isn't recognized by the immo system and the alarm system is active.

If you have a second key or more keys for the car i would try to use them. Also it would be interesting if the key fob works.

Can be the transponder itself, the antenna that receives the keys transponder signal or the wiring from the antenna to the alarm control module.

That would mean ignition and starter are blocked by the immo system. In that case in general if you start the car via hot wiring the car will start by engine will die shortely after it was started or it won't start – depends on the circumstances. And if you don't hot wire the starter, there will be ignition but you can't start the engine / engine won't turn over when you turn the ignition key one step further.

Problem is you would need a PST to check the alarm ecu and check what is wrong. Durametric doesn't give you access to this module.

Regards, Markus