Thread: GT4 on BAT
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 05:50 PM   #11
MWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
With the insane amts of fuel and tires consumed by a Veyron, I'm not sure they're really meant to be driven. They're more of an engineering exercise than an weekend toy....
Well, I'd argue at the costs of tires (even at $40k a set) and fuel (at maybe 8mpg) as a percentage of purchase price is far cheaper than our 986's. Besides, if your spending $3.5 mil, what's $100k in annual operating costs? Lol.

I'm sorry that I don't buy into the concept of Audi manufacturing these purely as an engineering exercise, or else it would been a one-off (or at least very, very few, and certainly not different models). I suppose my point is that they are (or should be) a weekend toy for the hyper-wealthy, not just stored for eternity. Additionally I can understand (or did understand) why the original Veyron was purchased as an investment...but now with newer and more impressive models, I wonder how that investment has paid off (I'd assume there are far better investment alternatives).

Cars should be driven...not purchased, held and traded like a commodity.

(And yes, I know my quote of 8mpg is EPA...and I'd bet that flat out, the better term would be gallons per mile.).
MWS is offline   Reply With Quote