View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 11:35 AM   #31
speedyspaghetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWS View Post
During an interview once, an employer asked me what one thing I would expect from position...I responded "The freedom to fail, perhaps even catastrophically...for that freedom will allow me to produce spectacular results; in the alternative, I'd be a perfectly competent and average employee, but personally I'd rather be stellar than mediocre." I was hired on the spot.
That's a great answer - I'm a high school teacher and I try to teach the kids that they don't have to get it right away, but they'll only get it if they try to learn from their mistakes. It's hard in the Bay Area where everyone is expected to succeed immediately, but I hope that some of them take it to heart and try to be life-long learners. As I've gotten older, I've come to appreciate the process of learning something new. Working on this car has definitely been challenging at times, but just looking back from when this issue started, I've learned so much and I'll continue to do. However, I think I'd be happy with the issue being resolved for now haha.

Thanks for the help anyway.
speedyspaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote