View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 07:49 AM   #34
maytag
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxD View Post
Here is a better source of lap records for the various track configurations at UMC. Unfortunately it doesn't tell you the make and model of car in the NASA classes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GsONhXO4OCIaT0Q4ecpQk3v4pVk6-_J2vR5fvb86EDQ/edit#gid=165366706[

Mark's record is from last years PCA club race and he was the only Spec Boxster. Other specs have run in GT4 past years. One big thing missing from the ClubRace site is what configuration was run for the time.

I have TTC records in my base Boxster from when the class existed. Adam Heller's GTS2 times are from an S racecar, as are Bill Noblitt's PTB times.
This great, Max!
So what I'm seeing then, is a LARGE disparity, between SPB (2:19.022) vs the two S racecars you described, GTS2 (2:12.341) and PTB (2:09.677)

I don't know which of those times I'd use as a gauge to compare my own largely-unmodified 'S' to. If I'm comparing my 2:22 to the SPB 2:19, I'm seeing it. If I'm comparing to the 2:12 or 2:09, then I'm gonna throw-in the towel right now.... 'cuz there ain't now way in HELL that -I- (me) can get within a stone's throw of those times with the car I'm driving now, as it is. If somebody else CAN, then yeah.... I'm not so good at this after all, huh? And all 4 of the instructors who've ridden with me this year have simply been blowing up my skirt....

That's a little demoralizing.
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote